Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Architecture

1.  Friedensreich Hundertwasser
2. 1990s
3. Darmstadt, Germany
4.  It is a residential building
5. No
6. Each window is unique and there are plants growing on the roof.
7. I picked this building because it is very unique. I like how each window is different and how the layers and curvy lines make the building ooh unbalanced. The greenery on the roof is good for the environment and helps reduce the deforestation the building may have caused when built.


1. Mosch Safdie
2. 1967
3. Montreal, Canada
4. You can visit
5. $140000 per unit, 364 units
6. The architect wanted to create urban, free homes with the economic logic of apartments.
7. I chose this building because it looks interesting. I like the scattered organization of it and it looks like city homes we could all have in the future. I think it is a very creative way to provide the connection to nature community homes have yet fit them all in a small space by building up and giving each apartment a good view. 


1. Tom Wright
2. 1999
3. Dubai, UAE
4. You can visit
5. 2 billion US dollars
6.  The architect wanted to symbolize the sail and give each room an ocean view
7.I chose this building because it looks like a sail in the wind. This is my favorite photo because it illustrates hoe massive the building is. The beaches are also very beautiful, making the views from the rooms in the building even better. I like how the white looks against the pretty beach. The inside is also magnificent and royal, it looks like a palace. 


1. Javier Sanosiain
2. 2006-2007
3. Naucalpan de Juarez, Mexico
4. You can visit
5. Not listed
6. Wanted to create an organic home using shapes found often in nature (snail shell).
7. I like this one because it looks like a Hobbit house. I like the rainbow colors and can imagine that it is quite beautiful when the sun shines through the stones. I like the shrubbery growing inside because it makes the house look like it comes right out of the earth. The snail wheel shape is also really cute.

1.Multiple
2. 1873
3. Kansas City, Missouri
4. Public
5.Not listed
6. The architect wanted to illustrate the beauty of some very popular novels and capture the purpose of a library.
7. I like this building a lot because I love books. I want to visit this library because it is adorable. This is a really creative way to attract readers into the library and encourage visitors. I like how some classic stories are displayed around the sides so readers can see something they are familiar with. 




No comments:

Post a Comment