Sunday, October 4, 2015

Unusual and Interesting Photos




  1. I really like his work. I like the subjects of his photos because I love to travel and have seen some of the myself. I think his images truly define what it means to be artistic with photography. I want to learn how he takes those kinds of pictures and be able to create my own style and effects like his. 
  2. I think he made the photos by adjusting the shutter speed to absorb more light and then the moved the camera slightly to create this effect.
  3. I think the Frost building downtown, the Washington Monument, the Statue of Liberty, and the Empire State Building could be used to take these kinds of photos. 

Part 2:
  1. I picked this image because it is hauntingly portraying the subject and it shows the horrid violence happening in other countries and the damage it can do innocent people. 
  2. I found this image in the "International News Single" category.
  3. This picture was second place. 
  4. The coloring contrast in this picture is what drew my eye to it. 
  5. Because the subject of the photo is so heavy and tragic, it probably stuck with the judges for a while and made them choose the photo because it highlights the purpose of the photo and the hard parts of being a photojournalist. 
  6. The photographer had to go against his moral rights and not help the people. The photographer had to fight against the probably violent and rushed group of people trying to dig the girl out. 


  1. I picked this photo because it is really creative and shows new technology replacing old technology in an interesting and dynamic way. 
  2. This picture is in the "Portrait and Personality" category.
  3. This picture won 1st place. 
  4. The photographer used the subject, the man, and used an interesting way to frame the portrait with the tablet and used colors tat draw my eye.
  5. The judges probably did not pay much attention to the subject itself, but how the subject was placed in the photo. 
  6. The photographer had to get someone to pull the tablet off of the shelf, and he had to find a section of books in a library that look old and uniform enough to make this picture successful. 

  1. I picked this picture because it captures the intense action very well and clearly.
  2. This picture is in the "Domestic News Single" category.
  3. This picture won third place. 
  4. The bright colors of the subjects and the dull colors of the background draw my eye to the picture.
  5. The judges most likely weighted the subject heavily because the action the photographer was in impacted his ability to take a creative photo or use good composition.
  6. The photographer may have had to get in a boat himself, be in harsh weather, or resist the urge to help the subjects in order to take this photo.
Part 3: 
  1. Capturing the story through facial expression, using even a boring subject in a creative way can make a good photo, and considering what you want to show your audience before you take the image are three important rules. 
  2. Night Hawks, Edward Hopper
  3.  

  4. The photographer didn't follow the rule exactly, but the photo is not too busy.
  5. I think surrealism and abstract paintings might inspire me because they show a creative interpretation for reality, one that can help me make a regular subject very interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment